Okay. First up, here’s a confession – it’s been two months since my last round-up. Be kind – there was an earthquake, and then I moved house, then I assistant directed a very successful children’s play, then I got a pet duckling, and then I got a shiny new cellphone to play with! Yeah, I’m not buying it either. Without any further ado, here’s what’s been keeping me entertained online…
- A syllabus and booklist for novice students of science fiction literature. This is very nicely put together. Sourced via BB.
- How to open a new book. This one did the rounds a while back, so sorry if you’re seeing it again. Via LISNews.
- Cory Doctorow writing about Scott Westerfeld’s Behemoth. Yay! Yay!
- It’s time for young librarians to claim the future. Via RS.
- The Masters Degree Misperception. Some interesting comments here, too. Via LISNews
- The humble library: a valuable resource. Humble? Maybe they haven’t met me… Via RS.
- Lighthouse travelling library. Delightful!
- Neat café takes inspiration from library.
- Managing personal change in the move towards digitisation. Via TTW.
- Library as community The role of public libraries in a digital world. Via RS.
- 3 Punk Rock Lessons for surviving 21st Century Library Hell. Awesome. Title. Via TTW.
- Zombies in the library. Because zombies are the new vampires, duh. Via TTW.
Just Plain Cool!
- Map Envelope. I’d love to receive one of these! How cool! Via BB.
- 35 Really Unusual and Desirable Bookshelf Designs.
- Caboodle Ranch. A Village for Cats. Honestly, it’s like looking into my future.
- The Illustrated Guide to a PhD. Sums things up neatly.