Need a break from the daily grind? Never fear, the girls from Trolleyed are here! Grab your coffee, and click away on some of these links. But please, if you do discover some belly button fluff while you are navel gazing, keep it to yourself. One librarian in the Guinness Book of Records for that particular collection is more than enough.
And remember that comments are love…..show the love people!
Here are a couple of innovative ideas for bringing the library to the people. What are your thoughts? Reckon it’d work at the local Countdown?
- New Library Technologies Dispense With Librarians – WSJ.com (Source: Library Link of the Day)
- Pick Up a Book or DVD With Those Groceries (Source: LISNews)
- Social networking and the library – In case you missed this in the CCL Bibliofile blog – there are some links to some excellent articles on social media and libraries. Well worth reading.
Books & language
- Stephen Fry Kinetic Typography – Language – This is quite entrancing to watch – and Stephen Fry has such a wonderful voice. I may not agree with the sentiment – but I love the presentation.
- The Word Made Flesh – book trailer – OK – so what quote would you have on your tattoo? (Sourced from The Bookshelves of Doom)
- Out of Print Clothing – if you don’t want to go as far as the tattoo (see above) – you could just buy the t-shirt. My personal fave is the Pride & Prejudice t-shirt.
Fun & cool stuff
- 101 Ways to Use Tagxedo – Tagxedo is a little bit like Wordle, but you can arrange the words into shapes. Take a look – lots of cool ideas here.
- 10 common misconceptions dispelled (Source: The Centered Librarian)
- Librarian enters Guinness World Records for collecting the most ‘belly button fluff’ | Mail Online – this is just ewwwwww. Why oh why did he have to be a librarian?
- I love this literal movie trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – be careful Harry!
Source: A Fuse #8 Production